Thursday, August 25, 2011

Back to school?

So it is almost time for back to school around here. As I mentioned in my previous post, my employment status is still uncertain. I want to believe that I could be fine being at home another year but then there are things that tip me closer to insanity.

The flyer from the teaching supply store.
The emails with deals from the local office supply store
A commercial on the radio about back to school time
Fellow teacher friends setting up their classrooms
....

I guess this means that a part of me misses school. With the exception of the 2010 school year, school is what I have always done. Since I was 5 years old. It has a rhythm to it, a certain feeling that being at home does not. Being at home as its own feelings but those feelings are not quite the same as sticky feet on a freshly waxed floor ( oops), the look of a crisp new bulletin board, the anticipation of that first day, those bright and eager faces, new red folders labeled and stuffed.

Is it time to appreciate new rhythms and let go of the old? What are the rhythms and feelings of your life? How do you shed the rituals and routines acquired over a life time?

No comments:

Post a Comment