Monday, August 22, 2011

Waiting

For the entire 2010-2011 school year, I have had the privilege and the pleasure of being home on maternity leave with my daughter. She just recently turned 1. She amazes, inspires, delights and challenges me each day. Being home with her is by far the most awesome thing that I have done to date. Despite the awesomeness I am still left with a sense of unbalance.

Despite the wonderfulness of it all, something feels amiss. To quell this uneasy feeling, I have convinced myself that I want to go back to work. I have also decided that I want to have a part time position. Its this second part that is proving to be more difficult than not. Apparently, there are very few part time positions in this area that I am qualified for and the competition is incredibly fierce.

I had to interviews last week that I thought went reasonably well. I anticipated hearing from at least one of the school districts at the beginning of this week. I have not heard anything yet. I am waiting, trying not to despair. Still school starts very soon. In fact , if I had my other position, I know that I would have spent the beginning of this week setting up the classroom and putting some plans together.

So in the event that I do not get either of these positions, I guess I need some job- related help. Did I come off too strong or not strong enough in the interview? Am I out of touch? Should I work to make an electronic portfolio? Is there a certain type of professional knowledge that I am lacking? Or I am okay, but other people are better, maybe more connected? Would my job search be so difficult if I wanted to work full time?

Stay tuned for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment