Friday, May 22, 2009

What did you say?

Here are some ridiculous quotes that have amazed me this week from parents and teachers in my school:

"I don't want my kid to catch Downs Syndrome"- by a parent when discussing a city-run summer camp for her child. You can imagine that this was a very long conversation.

"What the hell is that kid wearing on his head?"- by another teacher in my building when referring to a student's hearing aid. After explaining that it was in fact a hearing aid the response was "Oh, I wasn't sure if it was some new fashion statement" Because blue Velcro headbands with black boxes attached to them are oh so fashionable.

" Oh yeah, he was sick yesterday, but I figured I would send him today"- a parent who sent his sick child to school. Prior to this remark, the child had vomited several times.

"No recess-it is state testing week"- my principal.

" Mrs. K1 teacher, I know you are going to play all kinds of naughty sex games with your husband this weekend, and lucky for you, you have an extra day to get it on"- unfortunately, this was from yet another teacher in my building at the end of the school day. Wouldn't have minded if it was just her and I and other teachers, but it was in front of students. I replied that her remark was inappropriate and she just laughed.

So it is Friday of a long weekend and I am feeling better, just getting some of those quotes out of my head.

2 comments:

  1. Well...I'd say sometimes people need to think before they speak! :) Hope you have a good long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That is the only word that comes to mind.

    ReplyDelete